A new opportunity to join the Froebel Trust team. Could you coordinate our learning programmes and help more early years educators access a Froebel Trust short course?
Could you be our Training Manager?
This is a new part-time role with the Froebel Trust.
20 hours per week. 12 month contract.
Salary: £35k pro-rata (actual salary for duration of contract £20k)
Location: Home/ remote working with team days and meetings at our offices in London (SW15). Plus, occasional travel to face-to-face meetings with our partners.
Start date: As soon as possible after 1 April 2022.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 March 2022 1pm (UK time)
This is an exciting time to join the Froebel Trust. More and more early years educators are turning to us for inspiration, training and support for their work with children and families.
The new role of Training Manager has been created to enable us to extend participation and expand our provision of Froebel training courses and continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience to:
- coordinate and administer existing course arrangements (both online and face-to-face)
- seek and seize opportunities to diversify and extend Froebelian education (particularly in relation to Level 3 qualifications)
- oversee the development of new courses and / or CPD opportunities
- monitor progress and feedback from participants to help identify the outcomes and impacts from participation in Froebel Trust courses
- keep accurate records
- report to trustees, committee members and the public about the ways that our courses and CPD provision contribute to the Trust’s strategic objectives and public benefit.
The ideal candidate will be:
- knowledgeable about regulation, design and accreditation of initial education and training / CPD courses in the Early Years sector in one (or more) of the UK’s four nations
- an excellent communicator and experienced team player
- confident in the use of IT (ideally familiar with Salesforce CRM software)
- pro-active and analytical
- able to prioritise and work autonomously
- highly organised and professional
- willing to be an advocate of a Froebelian approach to education and learning.
The role-holder will work closely with the Programme Manager (Events and Training) and with the Froebel Trust’s team of Travelling Tutors. They will report to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborate with her in relation to strategy.
The Training Manager will work with the Finance Manager in relation to course budgets, income and expenditure; and with the Communications Director in relation to publicity about training opportunities, outcomes and benefits.
In addition, they will need to liaise with the Programme Officer (Grants) to ensure seamless development and use of the Froebel Trust’s Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
Every two or three months, they will be expected to attend and intermittently report at meetings of our Trustees and committee members who govern and guide our work. Currently these meetings are held remotely (via Zoom) or in a hybrid format.
How to apply
Please download the job description (including person specification).
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter (max. 2 sides of A4) indicating why and in what ways you are suitable for this position at the Froebel Trust. Please make reference to the experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the post.
Ensure that you include your email address and/or a contact telephone number and the name and contact details for two people who have known you in a professional capacity for at least 12 months and who would be willing to provide a reference.
Send your CV and letter as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write ‘Training Manager Application’ in the subject line of your email.
If you would like more information about the Training Manager role, please email email@example.com to organise an informal phone or Zoom conversation with Dr Sacha Powell, Chief Executive Officer.
The deadline for applications is 13.00 hours / 1pm (UK time) on Thursday 17 March 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email no later than 5pm on Monday 21 March and invited to attend an initial interview via Zoom (or similar).
The story of the Froebel Trust
Learn about our work and the projects we fundFind out more