We fund high quality research which advances knowledge and understanding of Froebelian philosophy, principles and approaches in early childhood education and care.
We are not accepting applications for this grant programme at the moment. Please check back in Spring 2024.
The Froebel Trust Open Call Research Grants scheme is designed to provide funding for individual researchers or collaborative research partnerships and networks to develop innovative studies.
Examples of previous Froebel Trust funded research
Take a look at our research library to see all the research projects we have funded in the past and those which are in progress. Including:
- Exploring Froebelian principles as a vehicle for curriculum reform - Jennifer Clement, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Understanding practitioners' curriculum decision-making to support complexity in children's play in a multi-diverse pre-school setting - Liz Chesworth, University of Sheffield
- Valuing young children's signs of learning - Rosie Flewitt and Kate Cowan, UCL Institute of Education
In 2022 we offered two types of Open Call Research Grants:
- Seed corn grants up to £5,000
- Larger grants for researchers who have an established research reputation from a track record of high quality studies, research outputs and impact. Budgets were in the region of £20,000 to £50,000.
Key information/ downloads for applicants
Join our mailing list
For news and alerts about the grants and funding we offerSign up now