Apply for a free place on this new online course starting in January 2023.
As part of the Froebel Trust's commitment to supporting the early years sector, we are proud to be funding Froebelian Futures - an expert team based in Scotland who are on a mission "to bring the value of Froebelian ideas into mainstream policy and practice for the 21st century".
As part of this three year groundbreaking project, Froebelian Futures is launching a free, online, certificated Froebelian Leadership Course.
The team are welcoming applications from experienced Froebelian educators working in early childhood education from anywhere in the world.
This fully funded training course examines original and contemporary Froebelian views of leadership, as well as offering practical skills and peer support to develop your own role as a Froebel-inspired early years educator and leader.
The course will give you the opportunity to:
- consider how Froebel’s foundational principles illuminate contemporary issues, opportunities, challenges and debates about the nature of leadership in general and within early years in particular
- explore the role of children as co-leaders in our settings and communities – and the kinds of pedagogies which might underpin this
- gain key tools, skills and networks to enable you to respond to the opportunities and challenges for embedding Froebelian principles in your setting, region and national policy frameworks
- be part of a growing network of Froebelian leaders.
The programme is certificated by The University of Edinburgh and will evidence your professional development.
Dates and time commitment:
The course runs on five Tuesdays in 2023. 4-6pm. Online.
17th Jan, 31st Jan, 14th Feb, 21st Feb, 7th March 2023
How to apply:
Applications are welcomed from:
- any senior educator who has completed the Froebel in Childhood Practice Certificate in Edinburgh or at The University of Roehampton
practitioners (at any level) who have completed both the Froebel in Childhood Practice and Practitioner Inquiry certificates at The University of Edinburgh
The course is situated in the Scottish context but is open to qualifying applicants from anywhere in the world.
- Fill in the short online form and apply to Froebelian Futures before Sunday 27 November 2022.
Online Froebelian Leadership Certificate 2023
Application closing date: 27 NovemberApply now